If you were TTC and got pregnant, what did you do differently the month you conceived?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The month before I'd finally made peace with the fact that I might never have a child. Once I accepted that, it was like a heavy weight was lifted off my shoulders and I was able to quit stressing about getting pregnant. I really believe it was that lack of stress that did it.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:35 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• My husband and I had tried for over a year to get pregnant after we got married, (and we only used the pull out method before that) so I was convinced that we would not be able to have kids the natural way. The month after I came to that realization...I became pregnant.
    I have heard that stress and worry can actually make it harder for you to conceive. It puts too much pressure on you...try to relax and enjoy the process.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 5:41 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Matbe I should give up. It would be messed up if after 4 years I get pregnant after giving up.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 5:59 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I used an online fertility calender to chart my 3 most fertile days. We made sure to get busy then. I also layed with my hips elevated for a 1/2 hour afterwards...not the most comfortable or romatic but it did the trick after trying for 14 months previously.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 6:24 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I heard drinking Geritol works. It amps up your fertility or something.
    Anonymous

• I had sex 2 days before ovulation, the day of ovulation, and 2 days after. Worked like a charm :D
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• We got pregnant within 2 months of TTC. The first month we were having sex every day for 2 weeks around my time of ovulation, I didn't get pregnant. Then the second month we had sex every other day for those 2 weeks, and I got pregnant. I have heard that it is better to have sex every other day to allow the male's sperm count to fully replenish.

JulianeB

Answer by JulianeB at 12:09 PM on Feb. 24, 2009