Raw Under Neck?

My baby's neck is real raw looking.
:(
Where the skin is all bunched together.
Is there anything I can do about that?

kookiekayla

Asked by kookiekayla at 9:02 PM on Jul. 24, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• keep it lubricated and clean.
    sounds gross, but its better than nasty painful chaffing.
    put lotion on it after you clean it and every once in a while through the day.
    i find lots of fun stuff in my sons neck folds, lol, but its most of the time harmless...just worst looking than it is.
    if it seems to bother HER, or you too much, have the doc check it out incase its a real rash or just friction.
    briyeti

Answer by briyeti at 9:05 PM on Jul. 24, 2008

• my son gets it from dribbling milk out of his mouth, it get in the crease and drys so when I change his diapers I use a wipe to clean his neck in between baths. Baby powder helps it too!
    wildflower113

Answer by wildflower113 at 9:37 PM on Jul. 24, 2008

• clean him with a anti bacterial soap to, so he doesn't get a yeast infection. Try to keep it dry, and use powder. Make sure you put the powder on with your hand, and not from the bottle, because he can inhale it.
    barrettboys

Answer by barrettboys at 9:41 PM on Jul. 24, 2008

• My 3 month old has the same thing. . .from milk drips. I try to dry it at much as possible, use baby powder and wash it well at bath time.
    mpita

Answer by mpita at 11:17 PM on Jul. 24, 2008

• Every time he spits up wash it and you can use hydrocortizone 1/2% twice a day.
    papai

Answer by papai at 11:27 PM on Jul. 24, 2008

• My son also had this in the neck folds and I would wash with a sensitive wipe so the alcohol won't sting the area and then apply a thin ribbon of Boudreaux Butt Paste or Aveeno diaper ointment and it healed nicely.
    ladyoprayer2

Answer by ladyoprayer2 at 11:39 PM on Jul. 24, 2008

• Make sure you keep it clean and especially dry! All three of my children did that under their neck, from being chubby. Never, never, never put lotion, vaseline or other creams on there unless your pediatrician says so. After it goes away, put a little powder under there after their bath or before bed to soak up any moisture from sweat, formula, milk, so on.
    KrystleDawn

Answer by KrystleDawn at 11:42 PM on Jul. 24, 2008

• I always used baby powder but just a little....then always use recieving blanket when feeding right under neck so it does not get wet..also make sure to change clothing after meal if it is wet...if baby drools a lot make sure to use a bib that you can swap out for dry one or change shirt as soon as it is wet...this should eliminate this problem..good luck
    BUSYMAMA5

Answer by BUSYMAMA5 at 1:25 AM on Jul. 25, 2008

• Sounds like a heat rash that is on the verge of a skin infection. Keep it clean and dry, and try putting a bib on the baby to help catch some of the moisture and keep her skin clean and dry. When skin rests on skin, it can get irritated. Try some cornstarch baby powder on those areas as well... It works wonders!
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 3:20 AM on Jul. 25, 2008

• keep it as dry as you can and i used bag balm or udders cream that always seems to help
    bethriggle

Answer by bethriggle at 1:29 PM on Jul. 25, 2008