is this normal?

ive had my mirena bc since december. I went in last week to get a routine checkup and they said that everything is good.
My string is pretty long so I can feel it and make sure its still in place, but for some reason I cannot feel the string now. im not having any abnormal cramping or bleeding,
for some reason im not really worried about it, since theres no side effects. im just curious if this is normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:48 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Health

• From my understanding you should always be able to feel the string. I'd call the dr. and make sure.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 5:51 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I couldn't always feel my string, and it was fine. I think after you've had it for a while the string kinda forms to you, from what I was told. I barely ever checked mine just b/c it kinda freaked me out. I had mine removed though after about 2 years, and dh got the snip.
    Anonymous

• I could never feel my string. I guess I have short fingers or something. Hubby could feel it if I asked him to. To be honest, I never even checked mine untill he pulled it out, lol.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 5:56 PM on Feb. 23, 2009