Worried!

So this morning I went in for a scheduled Non-Stress test. Last night I felt like I was having contractions and just figured they were BH but when I was hooked at my test this morning my contraction line was going crazy. The lady who did my NST seemed like she didn't know what she was doing and I asked if I was having contractions and she was very short and said NO. I was confused because you could clearly see I was having them, even my hubby said something about it. Anyway I have been super gassy today and pooping all day (I am normally super constipated and have a hard time pooping). Also my discharge has been alot more than normal, should I call my doc and have them look at my NST or go to L&D? I also have an other appt. on Wed. should I wait till then? Thank you sorry its so long!

twinmommy2009

Asked by twinmommy2009 at 5:52 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• OOPS! I am also about 32 weeks pregnant with twins.
    twinmommy2009

Answer by twinmommy2009 at 5:54 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• i'd call your doctor and if he/she feels it's something that needs to be seen right away they will let you know it's always best to be safe then sorry, as far as BH and contract. go when you have a BH it can also spike high on the scale. hope you feel better soon.
    WhatevaItTakes

Answer by WhatevaItTakes at 5:55 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Well, you could start by timing the "contractions" an another thing is if the discharge is your mucas plug look for a red tinge or it to be streaked with blood. If you really really think your in labor call your dr. and see what they recommend. TIming your contractions is key in all of this tho!
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 5:56 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Its always best to call your dr.when you are unsure. I don't know what time zone you are on, but its always better to call while they are still in the office, maybe he can get u in right away just to check you over. Good luck!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 5:57 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• 32 wks with twins...I'd be watching those CLOSELY. It is very very possible to go into labor that early with twins.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 5:58 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• well if i would call ur doctor and tell her wat is going on and have her look at the nst and if ur contractions are 5 minutes apart and ur doc says they are then i would go to labor and delivery and het ready to have the baby
    shawty543

Answer by shawty543 at 6:09 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Thank you all! And I feel so dumb but I am having a hard time timing my contractions.. I some times can't tell when they start but I feel that I am having them..That doesn't make much sense I don't think..lol sorry but anything would help!
    twinmommy2009

Answer by twinmommy2009 at 6:10 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Ok, wait until it subsides and note the time..then note the time when you feel the tightening..and note the time when it subsides....and so on.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 12:05 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• The easiest way to time your contractions is to use contractionmaster.com. you just hit the space bar at the beginning and end of each contraction and it will tell you how long they are and how far apart. No brain cells needed :) keep your hand on your belly and when you feel it get hard all over...no soft spots anywhere, that is when you start.
    As far as the line going crazy, were your babies moving? had the hiccups? any movement by your or the babies, even if you laugh, can show up on the contraction line. Definitly call your doc and explain but I hope that puts your mind at ease a bit. Good luck!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 12:36 AM on Feb. 24, 2009