8 month old will not drink formula

my eight month old has been in daycare where i work for 4 months with the same teachers about a week ago he stopped taking the bottle. he would go all day with no formula only jar food, which is not enough nurishment he is there from 7:30am to 4:30. even when i go in there to feed he will not take it from me either i thought that maybe he was teething however as soon as we get home he is crying for milk and on the weekend he drinks 28-32 oz, but as soon as monday hits he has no desire for it once we get to school. i just need to know if this is normal or not and or is it ok that he goes that long without formula.

mellanie1998

Asked by mellanie1998 at 6:07 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i know hes a bit young but have you thought of doing half milk half formula? in about 3 1/2 moths he'll be on milk so its not like its that early or did someone give him regular milk? with my son he was about 10 months and i was out with him and didnt realize i left the formula at home so i got him some regular milk( i was at the mall) and after he had that he wouldnt go back. if not ask the doc what they think
    granadogirl

Answer by granadogirl at 6:11 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• My son went through a little phase at 8 months where he didn't drink his formula and all he wanted was the cereal and pureed food. I'm a stay at home mom so it wasn't the same situation and it didn't matter what day of the week it was. What we did was stopped giving him the solid foods and only fed him formula. If that doesn't work just give him cereal and make sure you mix formula in it so he gets the nutrition he needs, also at 8 months babies normally go 4 to 5 hours without eating. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• Cont'd- Oh yeah we only took the solid foods away for like a week than we gave them back. That seemed to work. When you do re-introduce the solids give him formula first than solids afterwards.
    Anonymous