Do you have a maid?

Just curious how much you pay...how often they come and how much they clean. Would love a maid service, but have no idea how much it costs. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:45 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Home & Garden

• yes i cook clean do laundry and take care of the baby its called being a mother that is a maid
    Anonymous

• I used to have a live in. She was a nanny and also did light house work and I paid her $175 week and free room and board. I also had a maid independantly before the nanny and after. I paid her $75 every day she came. She came about once a week and did a thorough clean. I never had a maid as in day in and day out things. I just had the ones who came in and did the big jobs and helped me with organization and it was nice bc they throw away things you might not. For instance I had tons of hat boxes and i dont know why I kept them. She convinced me to throw them out which was great and looked alot better lol.

Answer by gemgem at 6:48 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• anon being a mom and a maid are two different things. One you get paid for, one you do because you chose to have a child.
    Anonymous

• I did for awhile before we moved last year (when I was still working) and it was $75 per visit. They would clean the bathrooms, change the sheets, clean the kitchen, dust, vacuum and mop floors. Obviously it would feel great to come home and not have to do anything and walk into a seemingly spotless house - but be aware a maid or cleaning service is not likely to do it to your standards...just be prepared for that part...It was sooo worth it for me. Oh - and I had them come once every two weeks...but I think you could have them come as often or as little as you like.
    romanojm

Answer by romanojm at 9:19 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Mom or not I don't think I would like a stranger coming into my home and touching my things... I'm kinda picky and it would just feel wierd. And I think its good for my kids to learn to clean, i did when i was young and now my house is clean all the time... Its a family effort.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't want a maid. It would totally creep me out someone touching and cleaning my things. My house gets dusted, mopped, and thoroughly cleaned every Saturday and It is vacuumed and maintained all week long.
    TinasTribe

Answer by TinasTribe at 10:39 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I would LOVE to have a maid, but it's not in my budget. I have looked into it and consulted with some of my co-workers that have maids. The average seems to be about twice a month or every 3 weeks. Each visit is about 4 hours, for about $65-$80. And they do anything you ask them to, just depends on your needs. For me, it would just be floors, bath, kitchen and dusting and I would be happy as a clam. I'd prefer to do my own laundry and change my own bedding.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 12:37 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I don't have a maid. I AM the maid. *Lol*
    ladysylpher

Answer by ladysylpher at 4:57 PM on Feb. 28, 2009