Bruised belly button

I'm 30 weeks pregnant, and my muscles in my stomach have been sore for quite some time now, due I'm assuming to the weight gain and normal pregnancy stuff. This morning when I got out of the shower, I noticed that there is a bruise about the size of a small tennis ball all the way around my belly button. It's not that angry purple color, but the color of a light bruise; completely noticeable. Is this something I should worry about?

jessrasmussen

Asked by jessrasmussen at 6:52 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am 28 weeks and have noticed a sort of darkening around my belly button too...I was just at my doctor asking about little red bumps on my belly and he didn't mention that my belly didn't look right - I have just been assuming it has something to do with the stretching/growing of my belly...I have really fair skin too so every little thing shows up. I would mention it at your next appointment, but I don't think you should worry.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 7:01 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Hm. My skin is really pale too, so I am hoping that it is just from the stretching as well. I just worry because I'm high risk, and also have a subchorionic hematoma right around that area too, so better safe than sorry I suppose. I don't want to run to ER though, as I'm waiting for my health insurance to finally activate. Plus ER is such a pain, AND I swear they're trained to be jerks to pregnant women, like were all a bunch or overreactive morons. :/
    jessrasmussen

Answer by jessrasmussen at 7:05 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• maybe check out webmd.com or another pregnancy website - babycenter....maybe they can put your mind at ease! I don't know anything about hematomas so I am definitely not an expert... :) good luck!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 8:57 PM on Feb. 23, 2009