What is the bail out plan for the people who are paying thier bills?

I see all the plans for those who aren't but there are so many people who are living paycheck to paycheck and making it work... paying the mortgage whether they sacrifice to do so or not. So my question is, what is going to help those of us who are working our tails off to keep it together?

I ask, because I called my mortgage company to try to help with our interest rate and they said they couldn't do anything to help until we were 90 days past due. Now I am trying to refinance but it is an expensive process for a family already strapped. Where is my bail out?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm with you! It seems the people that don't (or really can't) pay or do what they are supposed - get help and those that work hard, scrimp, sacrifice and make the payments get nothing- except better credit ratings- and I'm not sure if that will matter anyway after awhile.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 7:11 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Obama needs you to keep working to pay China back, fund his Entitlement Programs, and pay for the UAW's retirement packages.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:17 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• You get the honor of bailout out those who need a bailout. If you'rebarely making it, your better off, throwing in the towel and letting the government spoon feed you indefinitely...it seems to be a successful formula for about 45 MILLION people in this country!
    Anonymous

• Your bailout will come from the warm heart you have and going without so that millions in the Country can have what they are ENTITLED to...lucky you huh? I'm in the same boat.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 7:32 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• So you can be making 100K and be behind in your mortgage payments, and you get help.

You can be making 40K and struggling to pay your bills, and you have to ruin your credit to get help?

*scratching head* Makes no sense to me, either.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 7:46 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• DH made a little over 19,000 this year. we ain't getting squat. boo hoo. i'm crying, Washington, why can't you hear me???? i thought it was popular to be a victim!
    chickenhobbit

Answer by chickenhobbit at 7:59 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• lmao, it is popular to be the victim. Such for those of us that actually like to keep what use to be America.. you know.. work hard and you will get your dream... not cry hard and you will receive.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:14 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• While I understand the frustration, aren't you all playing victim too by whining about it? We all knew that this has been happening for many years now, yet continued to vote for politicians who turned a blind eye on such matters. As long as the economy was good no one cared, not you people, not the politicians, not lending companies or credit card companies. We're all bitching and moaning now though aren't we? This should have been stopped long ago.

Anonymous

• When you die, you'll be in a much cooler place. hehe
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 8:22 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• You get the honor of picking up the tab. Don't think you'll hear a word of thanks from the recipients, though. They'll have their hands out again in another 6 months or so.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:39 PM on Feb. 23, 2009