should i sell them?

ok so i have made 3 diaper cakes, and a mom told me i should sell them. do you ladies think that would be a good idea? i would post pics but i dont know how.

eddysmommy

Asked by eddysmommy at 7:11 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

Level 1 (-15 Credits)
  • If you enjoy making them and people want to buy them then yes.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 7:12 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I have found people on craigslist looking to buy diaper cakes before so I think that if you find someone who would like one then you should charge, but if you want to start your business you should plan first, you cant just start a business because you like making them. But I am sure that you are good at it and you should follow your dream where ever that takes you. Best of luck. I hope that if you choose to sell they will sell for you very well!
    bmotterbacher

Answer by bmotterbacher at 9:39 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Let all of your family and friends know you do this. Put up pictures on flickr, and then put a link on your email signature.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 9:30 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• If you think people would buy them, then ya! There's tons of them on eBay...so I'm not sure how well you'd do there. I would suggest starting a little business by word of mouth. Post ads on your local craigslist. Create a little website telling what it is you offer and a general idea of prices.

I've made 2 diaper cakes before and got tons of compliments.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:58 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• there was a mom on here looking for a diaper cake.. my mom made me a triple decker one for my shower... also, if you want to post a pic, you can do them in groups..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 8:17 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Sure. Make them cutesy and affordable and they'll go like crazy! Good luck!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 10:11 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Check out etsy.com. It's a website to sell handmade items. You may want to look around and see if there is anyone in your area that sells diaper cakes already.
    sh0rtg3rl

Answer by sh0rtg3rl at 12:44 PM on Feb. 26, 2009