Should a girl that has never been married wear white in her wedding if she has 2 children?

I know white is supposed to be for virgins but wasn't sure if it was acceptable now. He finally agreed to get married this July. We don't want a big wedding but we aren't going to the court house either. I have never been married but he has, if that matters.

KallaLilli

Asked by KallaLilli at 7:15 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• The bride should wear whatever she feels comfortable wearing. If it happens to be a traditional white gown so be it. It doesn't matter how many kids she has had! Most people who get married in white have not been virgins for a very long time anyway.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 7:18 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I had one child and was pregnant with my second and I wore a white dress.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:17 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• You can wear white if you'd like so what on what people say people talk anyway.

But if you want to wear another color you can go with Ivory or off white atleast you can tone it down a notch...LOL Just kidding wear what U want.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 7:19 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• um yes u wear whatever you want everyone is a virgin on there wedding day ask you kids they'll tell you ive known women to wear them in thier 3rd trimester
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 7:19 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I had a kid when I got married & I had a white dress.You should wear whatever you what its going to be your day.
    Jennifer_24

Answer by Jennifer_24 at 7:23 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• It's not like ppl go by Emily Post Rules of Etiquette anymore. It's your wedding. Wear what you want to wear. What are they going to do, stop you from getting married bc it's a white dress? The most that will happen is little old ladies will gossip about you. I'm sure you can deal with that. Buy your white dress and worry about more important matters like the economy and how to feed your family and keep a mgt payment made.
    Anonymous

• I don't think there is anything wrong with wearing a white wedding dress....it's your day. I am going to wear ivory just because i like the color...but if i found i white dress i liked i would wear it...by the way...I have a 6 yr old and one on the way and we aren't planning on getting married until after the baby is born anayway so i will have two kids too.
    Carli26

Answer by Carli26 at 7:23 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I dont see why not. You have never been married before and I think technically now thats the *rule*. First weddings you where white, if you were divorced then you would wear another color.

Answer by gemgem at 7:24 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• why not... there really are no hard and fast rules about this anymore.. I wore white to my second wedding and my kids were dang near grown
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 7:27 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Sure why not. It is HER wedding. I chose purple :)
    Anonymous