Which is "worse"? weed vrs cigs

After several questions that have been pretty "interesting" regarding mothers who smoke weed. So I'd like to ask so questions to bring more depth to it.

I know a lot of moms on here some cigs. Most will argue they never do it around their child, don't allow others do it, change their clothes and wash there, everything to prove that their bad habit isn't harming their child. Which we all know is BS. However this is legal. It's proven to kill millions of people and little kids are even more susceptible to it's toxin, but legally you can put your childs health at risk as often as you like. You can smoke with them in the car or the house.

Then you have a parent who smokes weed when they are not with their child. The National Institute of Health has attributed weed as the cause of death as ZERO times. Little bit of difference huh??? But it's illegal.

Cont

munch12502

Asked by munch12502 at 7:15 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Know the difference between a drunk driver and a stoned driver?

A drunk driver runs a stop sign while the stoner waits for it to turn green.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 10:14 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• So which is worse? Smoking illegal weed when you are not around your children, or smoking legal cigarettes in the presence of not only your own children but ANYONE else?
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 7:16 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• cigs
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 7:16 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• both but weed makes you dum
    Anonymous

• well of course cigarettes are but they are keeping some states alive w/ the sale of tabacoo whereas weed isnt
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 7:17 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• BOTH! Weed makes you dumb, then you begin smoking cancer sticks!
    Anonymous

• I smoke cigarrettes on a daily basis, but I don't smoke around my children, I go outside.

I haven't smoked weed since HS.

Cigarrettes are far worse, whether you smoke around your children or not JMO. I'm going to quit soon, hopefully.
    Anonymous

• both but weed makes you dum

And one wouldn't want to appear dumb now would one?

munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 7:20 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

Please be quiet sweetheart, The grown ups are talking. We're going to talk with facts and be able to back those up.

munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 7:22 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• They are both equally as bad and scientific evidence is not available the way it is with cigarettes to have anything concrete regarding deaths it causes. It also does cause many deaths when you take into account drug deals gone bad, car accidents, or things like that. Until further research is available I have to say commiting a crime is worse because youre choosing to do something thats illegal that can lead to being arrested, having a criminal conviction on your record which would impede your ability to support your child, or going to jail and losing your kids etc etc. Health wise I believe both are bad for you though and both take money you should and would otherwise use on your children.

Answer by gemgem at 7:22 PM on Feb. 23, 2009