I had a miscarriage last Tuesday (at 5 wks preg.) & I am still having cramps.....

I'm not bleeding anymore, but I keep feeling like a spasm or something where the cramping is. Is this normal?

JJz_Mommy

Asked by JJz_Mommy at 7:20 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• As long as you tell the doctor everything thats going on and that your doctor says things are fine. I last one last year. My doctor wanted my body to do it on its own so she watched my hormone levels closely and listened to everything that was going on. I actually bleed and cramped for 3 months. Average time for a miscarriage is anything from 2 weeks to 10 weeks. There is no normal for what anyone goes threw though. My mom had one and it was completely different than mine in almost everyway. But anyway it is it is very hard. I am so sorry for your loss.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 8:14 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• did you go to the doctors no its not normal
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 7:21 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Yes, I went to the hospital, they checked my hgc level. It was at 90. They told me to go home & just let nature take it's course & told me to go back on Friday to check my blood again & I went & the level was down to 7. But they didn't tell me anything else.
    JJz_Mommy

Answer by JJz_Mommy at 7:24 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• deffinantly normal . when i miscarried i had cramps for 2 weeks!!!
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 7:35 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I misscarried at 15 weeks and felt like crap and hurt for almost a month
    jessrasmussen

Answer by jessrasmussen at 7:58 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• i miss carried at 5 weeks 4 days and i was in bed for a week after that it felt like i was going to bleed to death but the pains stoped a cupple weeks later and then 2 mounths later i got really sick and stayed sick for 3 mounths and then i found out i was three mounths pregnet again and now i got 2 weeks till my due date
    I hope it stops hurting and lission to the doctors about wating to get pregnet for 2 to 3 mounths

~Heidi~
    heidicummins03

Answer by heidicummins03 at 8:18 PM on Feb. 23, 2009