WHAT TO DO....

EVERY SO OFTEN I GET A SMELL DOWN THERE, IVE BEEN TO MY DOC AND SHE SAID I HAVE NO INFECTION OF ANY SORT.
SO IM JUST CURIOUS HOW TO GET RID OF THIS SMELL, I KNOW WHEN I HAD MY SON FOUR YEARS AGO, FOR SOME REASON I HAD A SMELL, NO INFECTION, BUT I HAD IT FOR ALONG TIME. I DOUCHED AND IT WENT AWAY. I WANT TO DO THE SAME, TO SEE IF IT HELPS THIS TIME BUT I HAVE A MIRENA. I WOULD CALL MY DOC, BUT ITS PLANNED PARENTHOOD AND ALL THEY WOULD SAY THEY WANT ME TO GO IN, EVEN THOUGH I WAS JUST IN THERE A WEEK AGO.
ANY ADVICE? TIPS?
JUST KEEP IN MIND IVE ALREADY BEEN TO THE DOC. AND I DONT HAVE ANY INFECTION.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:21 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Health

• Eat more fruits and vegetables and less meat and dairy. When I was a vegetarian I smelled my absolute best down there. TMI I know...but its so true.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 7:30 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• my son is 5 months old and i have the same problem. i want to get rid of it but dont know how,
    chevymom421

Answer by chevymom421 at 7:32 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Also stop douching. It strips away the good bacteria. Figure out if baths or showers work best for your body and stick to them. Most women do better with showers, but I'm one who is most fresh with baths. If you use perfumed soap down there, stop and just clean with water. And drink more water as well.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 7:38 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Cut back on sugars too.
    Anonymous