Should I willingly get my ankle re-broken?

Today my Podiatrist suggested revision surgery. I had a Pilon fracture; the result of jumping from a moving car to avoid collision. Anyway that was in April of 08 and I haven't walked since then. Just got the cast off right before Thanksgiving. Started physical therapy and crutches 3 wks ago. My man is pissed because he thinks the bone would have healed more by now if I would have tried harder to walk and sooner. He's never broken a bone in his life. My foot went up into my ankle, crushing everything in between. I'm TERRIFIED to walk! But I"ve been TRYING. I only use one crutch now...but all my effort may end up having been for naught, once they re-break it, I'll be back at day one...My only option being to refuse the surgery and run the very likely risk of limping for the rest of my life. I'm only 30. What would any of YOU ladies do in my situation? I'm spazzing out right now.

Dmommy4

Asked by Dmommy4 at 7:38 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Health

• Rebreak it. Don't ask why, it just seems like it would be the best choice...
    Kimeley

Answer by Kimeley at 7:42 PM on Feb. 23, 2009