hi everyone, i'm on my 36th wks now. is it safe already for the baby if il have a CS on this wk, or should i wait for another wk or two? my doctor said, 37th-38th safe. and also, im excited to have a baby now, but sometime, im asking myself if il be able to handle my own baby, or will i be a good mom? why do i think of like this? im nervous i might not be able to be a good mom, or best mom for my baby.

how will i be a good mom for my baby?

mommylei1202

Asked by mommylei1202 at 7:38 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• PLEASE wait until you are at LEAST 39 weeks before getting a c-section!!!!! Not only is a c-section hard enough (mine was hell) but you want your baby to be at the peak of health! Yo risk serious health issues for the baby at that age and he/she could end up in the ICU because it wasn't ready to be born yet! Please start off being a good mother by waiting!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• It's normal to have those feelings, you will be a good mommy but I would avoid the c-section unless it's medically needed.

Anonymous

• http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122999215427128537.html?mod=article-outset-box

please copy and paste this and read the article.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 7:41 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• The longer you wait the safer. I'd wait until labor(this helps baby to avoid respiratory problems) but at least wait until 39 weeks.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 7:42 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• why do you need the c-section? shouldn't it be scheduled around your due date if it is a medical necessity?
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 8:18 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I agree with the above I would NOT be having a csection unless it's an absolute medical necessity. (medical does not include "big baby")
    JensJulyBoy05

Answer by JensJulyBoy05 at 8:36 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• ALL moms worry about being a good mom. So no worries there.

Hold off on the c-section. 36 weeks is early, and the pregnancy wheel used to predict due dates is about as accurate as a Magic 8 Ball. It cna be off by two weeks either way.

Just let things happen. Enjoy the peaceful time you have now, because Real Babies don't sleep. **smile*

Answer by gdiamante at 8:51 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• i wanted to be induced at 36 weeks 5 days. I was almost full term. my doc refused to induce without testing lung maturity. my baby was no where close to being ready to breathing on his own. I finally had him at 39 weeks. He still went to nicu because of his birth defects, but i was one of the lucky moms, as i didn't have to ask a nurse to hold him. i would have if i had been induced at 36 weeks. those extra weeks made the difference.
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 11:10 PM on Feb. 23, 2009