Why wasn't the media ALL over Obama for smoking?

I didn't even find out about it until AFTER he was put in as pres. (like I found out just today) I would have voted for McCain had I known.

The media was all up in Palin's grill for things that didn't even matter (like her wardrobe?) But smoking is kind of a big deal!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:41 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Are you kidding? Get a life.
    Anonymous

• #1 it's perfectly legal to smoke cigarettes
    #2 he's a grown adult and perfectly capable of making the decision himself to smoke or not.
    Anonymous

• what? it's a valid question. I'm having a life by asking something that concerns me. it seems to me that YOU aren't having a life by bashing people for asking valid question.
    Anonymous

• I agree with anon @ 443.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 7:44 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Smoker Nazi or troll? - How in the he** can it be a big deal? And, it was public knowledge well before the election. Please...
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 7:45 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Just because the man smokes, doesn't mean he likes to or promotes it.
    He's probably in the whole "I've tried to quite 10 times" boat.

I don't think non-smokers realize how hard it is to quit once you've made it a habit...
    BatGirl1415

Answer by BatGirl1415 at 7:47 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• ok i agree that it is a valid question to ask and something that maybe the american people should have known but, if you really would have changed your vote because of it then you must not know anything about politics i mean if him smoking is THE one thing that would make you change your vote. Is that really the most important thing that matters to you??? REALLY???? don't vote for someone because of thier policys or because you don't agree with the changes they want to make but, smoking does not change who he is AT ALL!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• Smoking is still legal...Obama has broken no laws. Just because you may not like smoking or those who smoke, does not make that 'smoker' akin to a criminal or of immoral character. I hope you do know that Bush was an alcoholic for many years...and then was 'saved'. His wife Laura Bush has battled the habit of smoking for many years. I thought Laura a very nice woman and I could have cared less that she smoked cigarettes. I did not think any less of the woman simply because she smoked cigarettes. And I am not of the same political persuasion as Laura Bush.
    LilLizaJane

Answer by LilLizaJane at 7:51 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I wouldn't have voted for him because I don't respect someone who doesn't take care of their health and I wouldn't trust that person to take care of my country.
    Anonymous

• Smoking was made in to a big issue long before he was even the official democratic candidate. it must not have been that important to you if you didnt follow it that closely, and I would think stance on abortion adn economy would influence your decision more than if he made a few mistakes just like every othe rhuman being in the past
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 8:01 PM on Feb. 23, 2009