This question might me to long on for on here but

My boyfriend and I have been planning a trip out to meet his family that littereally live 1/2 way across the country. I have never met them and never spoken to them and we were staying at thier house *sigh* so I was already nervous. The other night his father called and he informed him that his brother (who lives here nearby us) called out there to tell him I run my mouth to much and was talking sh*t about other members of his family. Now the fathers says I can still come but I'd better watch myself. Now I don't want to go because I feel like I can't be myself. I don't think I said anything wrong 1/2 of what he said was completely made up the other 1/2 was blown completely out of proportion. On Christmas his g-mom called and was asking questions about my ex (dd's father) and why we split up. He very nicely told her that was between myself and my ex and was none of her buisness. She then informed him she thought I ...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• wow that was long lol i wouldnt go i mean if your sure hes the one you just gotta wait for him to step up to the plate and say something to his brother otherwise you are going to be these people's family and hope the g-mom dies soon bc she does sound like a bitch
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 8:05 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I wouldn't go. Who's actually in the right will always be argued. And honestly, if they as a group do not have the class to sit on that and wait to get to know you before threatending you, then I would chalk it up to less time wasted on your part getting to know people that wouldn't be a part of your life.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 7:59 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• ya it got to were she thouht u were a....... lol but so far its sounds like bull
    chevymom421

Answer by chevymom421 at 7:59 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• ... was a whore for having a child out of wed lock and he must marry me bc otherwise my dd will never have a father and she is bound to be a moron and a serial killer because no woman can raise a child on her own. I responded later not even to her that i found what she said was completely offensive even for some one who was old fashioned and I never wish to meet her. His brother said she is entitled to her opinion and I said well of course she is but that doesn't me she has to be a b*tch about it. Did I really say anything that wrong for his brother to call thier father and tell him I've been sh*t talking? I feel I was protecting my kid's honor.
    Anonymous

• i was working on it lol
    Anonymous

• Calling the grandmother a bitch was definitely in poor taste. Did she actually use the word whore? Because that's not a word I've heard a grandmother use before. You don't think you can be yourself at your boyfriends parents? All they asked of you is that you not talk badly about members of your boyfriends family, which doesn't seem out of line. It would actually be very disrespectful if you were doing that in the first place. If that's why you don't feel like you can be yourself, then honey, no one's parents are going to like you when you act like yourself
    Anonymous

• no i feel like i can't be myself because they have already made assumptions about me because the brother lied i know calling her a bitch was in bad taste but so was calling me a whore and i feel she attacked my dd im not tolerating that i dont care how old u are i will tell you to leave my dd the f alone no matter how class less it makes me the brother also said other things that are completely untrue and I would never say i feel like if i go out there every little thing i say would be torn apart until it was turned into something bad even if it wasnt
    Anonymous

• I've personally heard my sweet granny say words much worse words than Whore. Old people weren't all nuns and priests back in their youth.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 8:16 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• So what is the boyfriend saying in all of this? Because if he didn't lay into granny the moment she started trash talking you, then he's OUT.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:47 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• that is a hornet's nest, dont walk into it... just tell your man that you know they are set on not liking you so why do it?? he should go alone and tell them that they way they have already treated you was enough to scare you away and that he will end up alone if htey cannot be nice to his SO's esp the gma and brother... they should be ashamed! if you know for sure, and your SO knows for sure they are set against you, why go??? i would not go!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:19 PM on Feb. 23, 2009