Help! What's wrong with my dog?

She is scratching her eye- and she is losing her fur around it a bit- it has lost all the 'black eyeliner' look around it. And when she scratches at it, around her eye starts bleeding a bit. I noticed it last night--that it looked diffeerent, but I had to look at it up close to see it was inflammed looking.

mikko2285

Asked by mikko2285 at 7:54 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Pets

• take her to a vet!
    Anonymous

• she might have a yeast infection in her ears that is what happen with my dog if you dont get med it will get worse off
    Anonymous

• She could have mange, take her to the vet.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:02 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Great! thanks, these are things I thought---our vet isn't in until tomorrow.
    mikko2285

Answer by mikko2285 at 8:04 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Take her to the vet of course but also get one of those collar/funnel things that will keep her from scratching herself too much.
    bmotterbacher

Answer by bmotterbacher at 9:26 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• My cat would scratch until every part of her body she could reach was bald, bloody, and raw, Then she would find a object or corner of a wall and rub the unreachable parts. The poor baby was one giant oozy scab!!! The vet ran all sorts of skin allergy test, she was a indoor only cat, they tried food, dust, everything. We  tried the cone with her and she would push the cone against the wall then rub up against it! They couldn't find what it was. So they started giving her a monthly allergy shot, she was a new cats. Beautiful shiny coat, cuddly, purring, and happy. The only thing you have to watch out for is a side affect can be diabetes. The shots were pretty cheap for a vet. Between 12-22 $ depending on the size of the cat I think. She died a few years ago from something else.

babymomma0306

Answer by babymomma0306 at 6:20 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Um yeah, I didn't mention they make the same shot for dogs and there's A LOT less risks involved when a dog gets it then a cat.

puppy

babymomma0306

Answer by babymomma0306 at 6:25 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• cats get ear mites and it sometimes goes down to there eyes, vet help is all you can do
    itainteasy25

Answer by itainteasy25 at 5:05 PM on Feb. 27, 2009