Blonde and confused... LOL

ok I have blonde hair, which means you cannot see my brows or lashes unless they are drawn on. Do you guys think I should still pluck my brows? And I also have relatively small eyes. Can I still wear eyeliner on the bottom lids. How much IS too much eyeliner? I also need to know what colors for eyeshadow... I have grey eyes... Colors for lipsticks with my fair complexion, pretty much the works. I am new to makeup. Could someone help me out? ;-)

Googiegal

Asked by Googiegal at 8:04 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Ok, Go and get your brows done. It will cost you ten dollars or so but it is worth it. If you are blonde you probably have peach fuzz type hair that can still be seen in some lights. Take an ibuprofen before you go and tell them to go easy on the oil after. Also, have them test a bit of wax on your inner arm. If it's too hot, it will give you bumps.

Eyeliner should be kept pretty thin, unless you are doing a smoky eye, not great for small eyes. I like putting a light eyeliner under my eyes and a dark one on top to make them look bigger.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:37 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• As for makeup colors, check out one of the makeup companies websites for ideas. . . covergirl is a good one. you put in your colors and what kind of products you like and bang! every thing they make comes up for you. You can then kind of use that as a tool for whatever brand you like
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:40 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• For the brows I would definetly get them waxed and then continue to pluck them as needed. Then I would get you a eyebrow pencil that is about the same color as your hair. This will help them be a little thicker and better looking.
    You can still wear eyeliner but I would stay away from black. I personally like to use eyeshadow as an eyeliner. If you choose to actually wear eyeliner I would suggest you not completely circle your eye. I would go from corner to corner on the top lid and on the bottom go a little more than half way...by this I mean start towards the outside corner of your eye and draw to the iris end (color part of your eye) This will make it look less raccoonish.
    For eyeshadow colors I would suggest using lavender colors with a plum eyeliner. You can wear lavendar with pretty much any color so it works well in a makeup bag for all occasions. And you can use any color to do smokey eyes if you ever are
    bmotterbacher

Answer by bmotterbacher at 8:57 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• looking to do the smokey eye. I would also suggest getting a peach blush. Peach is very light and will not overpower the natural red in your cheek, it will just give you a natural glow. As for the Lips, I would do a little pink but more towards natural (Mary Kay has Dusty Rose which matches a lot of natural lip colors) And then do a pinker gloss on top.
    Being so new to the whole makeup process I would look for a Mary Kay rep near you. The products are the best and they will help you out with everything!!! I live in Columbia, SC if you live close to there if not you can go marykay.com and find a consultant near you. I hope this helps!!
    bmotterbacher

Answer by bmotterbacher at 9:03 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Hey thanks! I never thought of using eye shadow as a liner! Gonna try it. Ya'll have some great pointers! :D
    Googiegal

Answer by Googiegal at 9:31 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I always use eyeshadow s my liner now, it stays on so much longer. Just get a flat eyeliner brush, avon and most drug stores carry them!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:57 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• OOOO that's a good idea... I was wondering how to apply eyeshadow as liner... thanks too!!!
    Googiegal

Answer by Googiegal at 2:21 PM on Feb. 24, 2009