• In the Spotlight:

ANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! small and black!

Every time it gets the slightest bit warm out side my house gets ants really bad! I live in a brick duplex and my neighbors are younger but CLEAN no kids. We have a little girl 9 months so food isnt out of the kitchen or her high chair. we do have a dog, but they arent in her food! They are crawling all over my counter and table! I spray for them and they dont leave!!! I dont know what to do! We are clean people. food gets taken care of, table and counter and stove wiped after dinner. I dont know what to do! Any suggestions would be nice!!

babymaddy

Asked by babymaddy at 8:26 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Sounds like sugar ants. They are harmless and don't bite. If they really annoy you, you can follow their trail and find out where they're coming from.

Close up the hole if possible (I just stick a rolled up piece of tape in there lol) and put cinnamon around it. Not mixed with sugar, obviously. Ants hate cinnamon =]

This trick should work with just about any type of ant.
    Nzumbe

Answer by Nzumbe at 1:02 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I'd hire an exterminator. Ants can be persistent. I've had those ant traps. An exterminator would spray outside as well as inside. Good luck.

Answer by Bmat at 8:28 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I agree, hire an exterminator. That is the only way to get rid of them.
    Allegra360

Answer by Allegra360 at 8:47 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• sprinkle basil where they are from
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 10:46 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• for sugar ants you can get little drops from wal mart in the bug killer isle inside not in lawn n garden they work for us
    alana86

Answer by alana86 at 1:40 PM on Feb. 24, 2009