DIARRHEA!!

My 8 month old has had pale yellow diarrhea for 4 days now he is teething but is this color normal?? He doesn't have any other symptoms what could this be? Has your infant ever had pale yellow diarrhea? what do I do for it he refuses water, juice & pedialyte he will only take formula to drink.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldn't try to give him juice, sometimes juice can make it worse. He might take watered down sprite or ginger ale. Definately need to keep him hydrated. Popcicles are good, pedialyte makes some. Has he had anything different or new in his diet? Might need to call the doc if it persists, or if the baby gets a bad rash from it. The doc could call in some cream or powder to make it better.
    DeannaR4

Answer by DeannaR4 at 8:52 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• that is good that he is drinking but i would call your doctor
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 8:46 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• call your pedia
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 8:47 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Has he eaten anything new? Have you fed him anything that is yellowish, such as squash? It could be that or it could be that neurovirus that's going around (my dd had it and it turned her BM yellow, but she was also throwing up and had a fever). I would call the pediatrician. Keep working on those fluids momma!
    Samanthasmom210

Answer by Samanthasmom210 at 8:51 PM on Feb. 23, 2009