car seats

ok so my 5 month old daughter is very heavy to carry in her infant car seat (16 lbs and the seat is around 10). I have a convertible one I bought to use, but then I remembered how handy the infant seat is with stores/ restaurants. Since she can't sit up on her own yet...how can I use the convertible one and still take her places that involve eating/ carts.

amber325

Asked by amber325 at 8:52 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Amber, I kept the infant car seat in the back of the van (loose) to use exactly for what you are saying. Restaurants, grocery stores, etc. I didn't want the hassle of removing the converter seat, but he was too big to lug the infant seat around ALL the time.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 12:20 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• You could use a compact stroller or wear her in an infant slig or carrier when you're out and about.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 8:56 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• my main concern is when I am in a food place eating. It is nice to sit the infant seat into the highchairs they supply in restaurants. I don't want to hold her for 45 min while eating...and a carrier wouldn't work well with sitting
    amber325

Answer by amber325 at 9:03 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• sling her :) i LOVE my sling, and have eaten many a meal with her wrapped to my body. Ring Slings work best for me, but ABCs work well for others.
    LaughterHugs

Answer by LaughterHugs at 9:19 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• We use a sling or a wrap if we are grocery shopping, and if we go to a restaurant we use an umbrella stroller. Some of them will actually lay back a little so that if they can't sit up enough on their own yet they can manage still. The big strollers are too annoying for restaurants. Once they can sit fairly well on their own we use the sling to carry the baby in and then use the high chair they provide or one of those cloth travel seats that attaches to the table.
    childrengalore

Answer by childrengalore at 10:15 PM on Feb. 23, 2009