did you're child freak out the first day?

my son is 2 now and im terrified to send him to preschool.. i know he's going to freak out and throw a fit when i leave. how did you guys deal with it?

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 8:54 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• well the first day is always the hardest, you got to think that its only the first day and it will get better the next and next.

i remember when my son took the big yellow bus the first time and he started to cry because he didnt want to get on it, so i had to let him stay home for the rest of the day, the second day went smoothly of course.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:58 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• my 3 yr old is Begging to go so i know i wont have that problem to deal with..show your son all the toys and all the kids he gets to play with..maybe that will make things easier..or let him take his fav toy with him to school
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 11:11 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• He's only two and a lot will change before he's ready to go to preschool!

When I took my boys for their first days (the older two), I took them to their class, introduced them to their teacher, they walked (okay, ran) off to play with the other kids and yelled over their shoulders "bye mommy"!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:27 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Yup, he just might!! But it's okay, he'll be okay. He won't cry all day, and within a couple days he won't cry at all! Talk about it, a lot, before it happens. Tell him all about it and how much fun it's gonna be. And always be positive! Never leave like it's a sad thing, make him think it's a great thing that he's staying there. Big hugs and kisses, I love yous and have a great day, mommy will be back soon...all with a smile and a great attitude. He will feed off of your reactions, so if he senses that you are sad or hesitant, it will make him more so as well. If it is an option, visit the preschool with him in advance also, just for a little bit so he can at least see the room before the first day of class. Good luck, mama. Just remember, the first day (or week) is always the hardest!
    ReadyorNot

Answer by ReadyorNot at 9:12 PM on Feb. 24, 2009