My five month old wants to feed herself

What kind of things can I give her that she can hold herself but I don't have to worry about her choking on?

Liz132

Asked by Liz132 at 9:09 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• in the baby section there is a handle type spoon but the spoon is a mesh bag you can put whole friuts in it and they cant choke at all. safeway. good luck, its the only thing I found I didnt have to worry about, even the baby cookies sometimes break off in to big peaces you have to fish out. gurber puffs and dryed friut is good to.
    deliriousmommy

Answer by deliriousmommy at 9:15 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• frozen waffles.. good for teething too...
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 9:10 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• gerber dryed friut bits, not real dryed fruit, toddler gerber finger foods
    deliriousmommy

Answer by deliriousmommy at 9:18 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• usually babies are okay with crackers or if you really want to pay out the butt, you can buy those gerber teething foods - a total waste of money in my opinion.

we usually start our kids on green beans and tiny pieces of carrots.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 9:28 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• yea those fruit bags that have the mesh cloth to hold the fruit work great!!! best invention ever! :D
    AlanaAndTristan

Answer by AlanaAndTristan at 10:03 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• cheerio's and the mesh baggie.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 10:32 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Babies shouldn't have any food before 6 months, so be careful. Her gut may not have matured yet and it can cause problems (not just as an infant but later in life that you may not know for a while).

If she's wanting to use her hand-mouth coordination, give her a spoon and an empty bowl to play with.
    NoNonsenseMama

Answer by NoNonsenseMama at 11:24 PM on Feb. 23, 2009