How do you diet when you eat to be eating?

I juast love the taste of food but would love to lose a couple pounds? How?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Try the South Beach Diet. The food is EXCELLENT! If you don't believe me, just try these two recipes:

Chicken Breast stuffed with Goat Cheese and Spinach
    Balsamic Glazed Salmon

Google them and you'll find the recipes.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 9:57 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• It's a huge problem when you love food. I am the same way. All I can say is it takes a lot of will. You have to resist and try to prepare diet foods that are really, really tasty to satisfy that. Good luck. Once you are on the program, you will be ok. You have to be creative, but it can be done.

I like freesharose's ideas, I might try them myself!
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 1:31 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I've been losing weight and I refuse to diet. Diets do not work long term. I love food too.
    Keep a food diary and identify what has caused you to gain weight.
    For me it was portion sizes, having seconds, fast food, and sweets.
    The only thing I did was modify what I already was eating. No more seconds, no fast food, and limited sweets and fried food.
    I added exercise and I have benn losing 2 lbs a week.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 7:45 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Go to Livestrong.com and start tracking your daily intake---you will be surprised how many calories you are taking in. I love to eat no matter what--but I realize I much rather be in my small clothes than eating......it is TOUGH!!! I have a box full of bags of chocolates for my daughter's upcoming bridal shower. Some how----my border collie found them the other night. She managed only to start on one chocolate---anyway, as I was going through them and assessing the "damage" two of the chocolates got unwrapped and in my mouth before I could even stop and think---THAT was an eye opener to my eating problems. It made me more determined to work on my "love" of food. So far, I am down 8 pounds by tracking my food, exercising, and eating very healthy:-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Feb. 24, 2009