Smoothie question?

I fill up on coffee each morning but try to make me a smoothie before I go to the gym. Is it best to put yogurt or milk? Which is healthiest?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Probably milk, preferably soy. More protein. But you can google - healthy smoothie recipes. You can also use liquid tofu and that will give you tons more protein. And you will not be able to taste it, trust me.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 9:56 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I use one percent milk because soy milk makes me sick to my stomach so I won't use that before a workout. My smoothies contain 1% or skim milk, frozen blueberries, strawberries, peaches, sometimes raspberries or blackberries. One banana, a tablespoon or so of honey and 2 tbsp of frozen apple juice concentrate. I have SO much energy after drinking one of them and I save the rest for after my workout.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:24 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Get a small coffee grinder and grind your own flax seed. Put a tablespoon a day in your smoothie for the fiber and the Omega-3's:-) You can also use water and a powdered protein if you don't want the "dairy". Pea protein, brown rice protein, or whey all work well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• to add to the above poster you can actually buy preground flax seed. Just watch the shelf life of it. I put it in smoothies, yogurt, pancake mix and in cookies and cakes when I make them.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 12:53 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 8:57 AM on Mar. 1, 2009