Are people who think of animals on the same level of humans normal ?

I know a woman who thinks her cats are the same as her human babies . She buys them birthday and Christmas gifts. She refers to them as brothers and sisters to her biological kids. She even tells her real kids that the furbabies are more loyal and she might sell her house and leave the money to the cats when she dies .

Does this seem normal

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Um....no. haha
    AidensMommy608

Answer by AidensMommy608 at 9:43 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• No
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:44 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• actually alot of people feel like that but I do not think it is normal to say it to the kids. Thats kinda mean actually. Well when she needs care as an elderly person they can tell her the cats need braces and they'll be even lol.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:45 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• If she SAYS it, she's probably okay. If she actually BELIEVES it, she's a bit cracked.....
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 9:46 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• That's a little out there. But I do get my dogs Christmas presents. They have stockings and I always put a bone and a toy in them for Christmas morning. I don't celebrate their birthdays though. And I don't put them on the same level as a human. But I have called them my son's brother and sisters as a joke. Hee hee. I guess I'm not normal!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 9:47 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• no.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 9:47 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I BOUGHT MY CAT SOME JINGLE BALLS AND CAT NIP TOYS FOR CHRISTMAS BUT THATS ABOUT AS FAR AS IT GOES

JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 9:49 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• In all seriousness some people go too far. I love my cats but if I had to choose between a surgery for a chilc and a surgery for my cat...sorry meow meow, its pearly gates for you...nothing is before my human kids.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:49 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I have neighbors who dress their dogs before taking them out for walks. Ridiculous.
    Anonymous

• well whats really "normal" op??

i think leaving money to cats is a little out there... but i dont think there is anything wrong with loving their animals...some people just have close connections with them... they care for them as if they were their children... you never had a dog for 10 years? if not i guess u wouldnt understand....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 9:58 PM on Feb. 23, 2009