What fabric and patterns do you love to use when crosstitching?

I am really curious about what others enjoy!

mikko2285

Asked by mikko2285 at 9:47 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• My Mom is a fan of an artist by the name of P. Buckley Moss. She paints very unique paintings of the Amish. I was in Lancaster VA about 7 yrs back and found she had made limited addition cross stitch patterns of her work so I bought a dozen or so. They are on linens and very detailed and labor intensive, but in the end wow! I also do some work for my SIL, she does crafts called primitives. I stitch on flour sacks, table cloths, and muslin. I love to look for unique fabrics and patterns. I am always looking for new things.

salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:06 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Guess I am pretty boring... But my favorite fabric is Aida. It's just so easy and some of the patterns are detailed enough without having to worry about counting threads.
    brighteyesbryar

Answer by brighteyesbryar at 10:15 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I started using linen last year and love the way it feels and looks. Once you get the hang of it it's very easy. For charts I love Just Nan, Told in a Garden, and Shepherds Bush. I also have Plum Street Sampler, Victoria Sampler, tons of Prairie Schooler and Cross Eyed Cricket.
    jaimie175

Answer by jaimie175 at 11:09 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I will not use anything but even weave linen, I fell my creations come out looking a whole lot better than with aida, that is what I used to use. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Cross Eyed Cricket.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 8:10 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I always liked highly detailed patterns, especially by Teresa Wentzler.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:21 AM on Feb. 25, 2009