Anyone ever lactate when they weren't pregnant?

No really...don't laugh but my doctor told me I could have a job as a wet nurse. My breasts were sore and I'm exhausted. I went to the doctor, he examined and did a bunch of blood work...which all came back totally fine. Its not much milk, its just a drop every once in a while and they are more sore than anything. Has this ever happened to anyone else? I stopped breastfeeding my second child 20 months ago.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Health

• I did this on the fall of 2005. I had not breastfed in 3 years. My doc thought it was probably cause i had been on birth control so long (ortho tri-cyclen). He did check my thyroid, worrying that i may have something going on with it or my pituitary...but nothing was wrong. This went on for a few months....until my doctor finally put me on a low dose of birth control. Then my milk dried up.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 10:02 PM on Feb. 23, 2009