would you use this cage?

My neighbor gave me an old bird cage she had in her garage and I washed it carefully.It is pretty old, and scratched in a lot of areas. On the other hand, if I want to get my bird on Friday when I get paid I am going to have to use it because I am kind of on a budget until my bigger check comes in the middle of the month. I do want to get one of he younger birds while the pet store still has them. Would you use it?

jamesmommy12

Asked by jamesmommy12 at 10:12 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Pets

• So long as there's no rust for the bird to chew and digest and there isn't any poop left over from another bird that could have been sick. then yes it's ok. Oh yeah, and peeling paint for him to swallow either, duh.

chick

babymomma0306

Answer by babymomma0306 at 6:23 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Heck yeah,. when Dh and I were young our first "cage"/home was a real fixer upper. Only now 7 years in, can we afford to get a good nice house. Let the young ones learn some gratitude for a nice crib!
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 10:14 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I'm confused by your answer. I am talking abut cages for my bird, not cribs!
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 10:18 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I know, I was being smart. Yes,I think it's just fine to use a fixer upper cage for now.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 10:21 PM on Feb. 23, 2009