Baby too attached to mommy

My baby is four and a half months old and she wants me to hold her all the time, and she's not very light anymore. I can put her on her jumping chair but not for more than 10 minutes then she wants me to hold her the rest of the time she's awake while i'm standing up, cause she doesn't like it if sitting down!!! How do i get her to not want that anymore? And has anyone else had this problem???

SHY_GIRL89

Asked by SHY_GIRL89 at 10:40 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• look into babycarriers. you can hold her all day long and still have your hands free!!
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:48 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• When my daughter was that age she was the same way! I got a baby carrier and it helped me alot. Alessandra still goes through those spurts where she is a little more clingy than usual but it comes and goes = ) just be patient and soon it will be over
    jen0608

Answer by jen0608 at 10:51 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Get a baby carrier for the quick fix, but I would work on weaning her from being TOO attached. Like still try putting her in her bouncy chair even if she only stays for 10 mins. Next time try for 12 mins. Also, have you ever looked in to getting an exersaucer? My 5 month old loves hers.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 10:53 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Have you tried a swing? Maybe she needs the motion to soothe her, hence the fussing when you sit down. And the sling is a great idea, too. I held our FD ALL the time, got real good at doing things with one arm. LOL! She's bonding with you which is a good sign that she's 100% normal! Hope this helps!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 11:48 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Try getting a sling!!! That's the only thing that keeps me sane and allows me to get stuff done. It's what babies do at that age and for a while after! My daughter does it now and I just put her in my sling or wrap and continue about my business! She's a happy camper :D
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Feb. 24, 2009