Baby too attached to mommy

My four and a half baby girl wants me to hold her most of the time, and she wants me to do it while i'm standing up!!!! She cries when i sit down. It's been going on almost since she was born. And when i put her on her bouncy chair she doesn't stay there for more than 10 minutes!! What can i do so she won't want that anymore?? and has anyone else had this problem???

SHY_GIRL89

Asked by SHY_GIRL89 at 10:43 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would purchase a sling or baby carrier so that you can be handsfree while still meeting baby's needs. It can be tough, but you obviously have a baby that needs you and wants you, which is so great! It won't last forever, enjoy it while you can and get a carrier to save your sanity ;)
    NoNonsenseMama

Answer by NoNonsenseMama at 11:15 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Have you tried a swing? Maybe she needs the motion to soothe her, hence the fussing when you sit down. And the sling is a great idea, too. I held our FD ALL the time, got real good at doing things with one arm. LOL! She's bonding with you which is a good sign that she's 100% normal! Hope this helps!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 11:39 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Try getting a sling!!! That's the only thing that keeps me sane and allows me to get stuff done. It's what babies do at that age and for a while after! My daughter does it now and I just put her in my sling or wrap and continue about my business! She's a happy camper :D
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I agree that you should purchase a sling so you're still able to get things done. She still needs the comfort of her mommy, so enjoy it while you can. My son is 8 months and he still has days when he's clingy, but most of the time he's content to play with his toys and crawl around. She'll be better adjusted having the comfort of you now
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 2:19 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I'd put baby in a sling and hold her.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 8:35 AM on Feb. 24, 2009