Is it okay to kill old people?

I mean, if they want to die and are of sound mind, is voluntary euthanasia for people who are very old or terminally ill morally right or wrong? Is it okay when it comes to pets/animals? Is it fair to treat the subject of euthanasia differently with people vs. animals?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• are you sick or something hell no
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 10:50 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Well, they say that keeping an animal in misery is not humane. ...why in the hell would it be okay to keep a person in misery?
    i am all for euthanasia for those who are of sound mind and are just in too much pain to go on any further who have also lived to be a decent age.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:51 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• i agree with outstanding
    Anonymous

• OP here... nope, I'm not sick. We euthanize animals to end their suffering all the time, which frankly I think is unethical since they are not able to consent. Yet when a person of sound mind wants to take their death into their own hands and relieve their suffering, they can't legally do so, and nobody can legally help them. That's what's sick, if you ask me.
    Anonymous

• i dont agree
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 10:54 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Well if your answer is yes then suicidal people needn't be helped? Or people who are mentally depressed? Oh I guess you said of sound mind. Some of those actually think they are of sound mind. Whom is the judge of sound mind?
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:56 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• i fyou kill someone its MURDER
    Anonymous

• Suicidal people DO need to be helped, with adequate psychiatric care, which most do not recieve. That's not the same thing as terminal cancer or late stage AIDS, not even by a long shot. There are already standards by which to evaluate whether or not a person is of sound mind. There are ways to set controls in order to limit the potential for abuse.
    Anonymous

• hee hee
    sorry I laughed at the title, not making fun :)
    But I think it's up to whom ever wants to be.
    I'm going to put in my will that I be euthinized.(?) if I'm in a coma for more than 3 months will no hope in coming out of it or if I'm a vegetable for the rest of my life.
    I don't want my family to go through seeing me lay there, like a doll and payign for it. And what right do I have taking up Dr, nurse time, not to mention a bed and medication and food other people need more than me?
    Anonymous

• If you euthanize your sick, dying dog, is that murder?
    Anonymous