is a blanket in the crib okay?

No matter how warm I dress my lo she just doesn't sleep very well unless I put a blanket on her. She's 5 months and I don't put the blanket up close by her face.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• they say dont put it on them past their waist.. they also have blankets that you zip them up in
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:53 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Have you tried a sleep sack?
    Anonymous

• My DD is the same way and she is 6 m/o. She has to have a blanket or sheet touching her face. We co-sleep so I don't know about the crib. I have wondered the same thing for when we transition her to her crib. And no I don't pile blankets on her so everyone who will respond to this don't bash me. She just likes it to go to sleep.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:54 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• We do have a sleep sack, she still needs her blanket on top of that.
    Anonymous

• I covered my son with a blanket from day one....."they say" are suggestions. You do what you feel is right. I wouldn't want to sleep without blankets. My son is 6 months and has 4 baby blankets on him right now. In the summer, it will go down to one.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 10:56 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I agree with MissHeidi.
    Anonymous

• with my daughter she is the same way! i wrapp her blanket up to her neck snd tightly tuck the sides under the side of her positioner. it works great!
    youngandafraid

Answer by youngandafraid at 11:21 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• my daughter has always had a blanket on. she's also been very alert and able to move her head away from day one. she also has slept on her tummy since she could roll over (two months). that's how she prefers to sleep. i put the blanket up to her neck and we've never had a problem. i do know her sleep habits and know that she's not going to roll or move much in her sleep to get it infront of her face. if she does move at night, she goes fowards so the blanket stays behind her.
    Tarable525

Answer by Tarable525 at 11:43 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Try a sleep sack or fleece pajamas with feet. And if that's not enough, invest in a small space heater for her room to make sure she stays warm enough.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• BOth my son (now 2.5y) and my daughter (5months) slept with one blanket from day one. We call them the snuggers blankets around here. They are soft, warm but not fluffy. Both kids started insisting on sleeping with them up by their faces around 4months. We'd just pull them off once we checked on them. We also ensured that the blankets allowed airflow. You can breathe through them fine. I know what "they say" about blankets but "they" can't possibly be right about all babies.
    2cubs

Answer by 2cubs at 12:25 AM on Feb. 24, 2009