Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can anyone help me with my divorce?

My husband left me May 4th of 2008. I had to move from our living arragement in TX to AL so that I could be close to my family and have support taking care of our (then) 10 month old daughter (now 20 months) as well as help during my pregnancy(she was born Nov. 16, 2008). My husband will not give me a divorce even though he has been living with his girlfirend since June 2008 and though I'm not positive I believ both of her daughters are his (ages 19 months and 2 months). Now in my state I can prove grounds for divorce but I just want the quickest way out and to be done with this whole thing, which is where my problem is...I live off of $215 a month given by welfare and cannot afford a lawyer, I have called daily to the free legal service office but there are still no opening and wont be for some time. I was wondering if anyone knew what I can do...I heard something about posting it in the paper but I cant really find info.


Asked by singlemom4God at 10:55 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • I know here you can file as indigenent (unable to pay for court costs),  The court house will give you all the forms to fill out for the divorce, plus the papers saying you can not afford to pay for it.   Not sure how this works out divorce with kids.. but it's worth at try.


    also.. here is a link..

    fill out all the questions - print the forms.. and file.  Tell the clerk you can not pay filling fees and fill out the forms there -


    Answer by 4xmommy2008 at 11:05 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

  • i know here and in other states there are a court person that cant help you and will give you papers to file out ect... one to show that you cant pay for it and you can get papers for childsupport ect they can help you file it out..

    Answer by miss_nevin at 11:30 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

  • You might want to check your state laws considering adultery. Some states will charge all of the fees to the adulterer so your hubby would actually have to pay all of your lawyer and court fees or be put in jail for not paying.

    Answer by cat1622 at 12:53 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

  • Thanks for the advice so far...i will try and see where I get. I'm open to whatever advice I can get at this point lol!

    Answer by singlemom4God at 1:06 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

Next question in Relationships
What now?

Next question overall (Kids' Health)
is it a sign of autism