Help! Stay at home Dad and my little girl rules the roost!

I have 5 year old and 11 month old boys and a 3 year old (4 in May) girl. My husband has been a stay at home dad since my oldest was born and it has worked great for us... except for this. He disciplines my 5 year just fine, makes him mind, doesn't let him run wild but they still have fun.
Ugh.. but my little girl. He swears she is fine all day, but he just tunes it out and give her what she wants. She wants juice, he says no, she gets all whiney, he give in. It's clean up time, he says to clean up, and she sits in the playroom and TELLS my 5 year old she is tired and he needs to pick up her toys for her, and he does. My husband hides his face when she pouts because he thinks she's so cute he can't not smile.
I know, not the biggest deal, but it worries me the most that he doesn't see it. I need a good book or something, I don't think he realizes how important his relationship and interaction with her really is.

pat7879

Asked by pat7879 at 11:04 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It IS a big deal. Remind him that he's teaching her how to treat a man. Would he want you to act like that with him? I know she's little and that question is absurd, but you get what I'm saying. Do you watch the Supernanny? I record it and watch it with my husband. Great pointers.
    Anonymous

• I think that's a big deal. What she is learning from his is what the big deal is. It sounds like you and your husband need to have a talk. not a shouting match. just a talk.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:08 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I agree with anon... She is learning at a young age the powers that we as women have over men! LOL. I know it sounds funny, but it's true. Little girls who can manipulate their daddy (I was one of them!) tend to revert back to those methods later on in life.
    Tylersm0m

Answer by Tylersm0m at 12:14 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I totally agree with the other answers here. She is definitely learning how to treat a man later. Also, remind him that the older she gets the more she is going to be trying to get away with. One day it's gonna be about boys and dating and going out with friends...and she may well be used to wrapping him around her finger by then.... Most importantly for me, though, is that your boys are going to see the difference. I'm sure that by now your older son has already noticed some type of difference in the way your girl is handled by daddy, and eventually he just might come to resent that.
    ReadyorNot

Answer by ReadyorNot at 9:04 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Thanks everyone. It makes me feel better to know that others think this is an issue too. He started to 'crack down' on her today. He said when I got home that all she did was cry and pitch fits all day. I told him to stick with it, that once she sees he means it and she does have to mind, it will get easier.
    pat7879

Answer by pat7879 at 9:17 PM on Feb. 26, 2009