What is the best way to thaw blueberries?

We picked blueberries this past summer and froze them. What is the best way to thaw them so they won't lose shape nor flavor?

crystaljedi

Asked by crystaljedi at 11:09 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Food & Drink

• i'd put them on a cookie sheet in a single layer and leave them on the counter over night
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 11:26 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I have been a blueberry picker & freezer for some time now & I've always been told to not wash them before you freeze them. When I'm ready to use them in a recipe, I just put one of the bags in the fridge to thaw naturally. When I've needed some right away, I've put some in a colander or strainer & ran the cold water over them to thaw them a little and then let them sit for a bit in the sink to drain. Then use them in muffins, pancakes, whatever. It's that simple!
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 11:26 PM on Feb. 23, 2009