Anybody ever find unusual looking things in baby stools?

My daughter has had the stomach flu and a bad head cold. Tonight I noticed little black specs of something in her poo-poo. Could it be a intestinal parasite? Or am I being too paranoid? Any thoughts.

Kimberly2009

Asked by Kimberly2009 at 11:15 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Health

• my daughter used to have really funny gross looking bm's after she ate banana's. You know how if a banana is left sitting out and open the little stringy fiber looking things in it look black, that's what my daughters looked like, but the first time i thought they looked like little worms or something. And when i was a baby my mom found a star shaped eraser in my diaper, and i once found one of those glass pebbles that people put in beta bowls in my daughters diaper.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 11:33 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• My son has just been potty trained, so I get to see it all! He pooped one LOOOONG poop the other day that was 3 different colors... in sequence! (Like neopolitan ice cream) WTF?? LOL!

But as far as your daughter's BM.... I have heard that puking up stuff that looks like coffee grounds is bad, but I dunno about pooping coffee grounds. Phone the pediatrician on-call and see what they say.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 2:24 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Oh.. and one more thing... think carefully about what you fed her today. Any strawberries??? Those little seeds pass right through.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 2:26 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Oh yeah. One time I thought my daughter had a read worm in her poop, until I found some read string on my floor it was pretty clear she had eaten with something she picked up off the floor. I agree with the seeds theory.
    dhsredhead

Answer by dhsredhead at 12:27 AM on Feb. 25, 2009