Does anyone have ideas on setting up a buffet for a cocktail party

I am having 45-50 people in for a retirement cocktail party and want to present an "upscale" and trendy look for the appetizers and martini bar - any photos would be greatly appreciated!

Mimi7311

Asked by Mimi7311 at 9:44 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• If you want an "upscale" and trendy look get it catered! It's ALOT of work to do on your own, unless your good at carving apples into swans and making veggies and fruits look like sculptures. If I still lived in Orlando I'de drive out and help you do it cause I love to do things like that (worked in catering) go to catering sites and look at their pics some savvy folks can figure out how to do the same thing on their own.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:12 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Cocktail parties are my specialty! I wrote you a great answer with recipes and ideas, but have to limit to 1,000 characters! Please email me or IM me and I'd be happy to help!
    kballard

Answer by kballard at 8:42 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I don't know what your budget is but one thing I do that looks great is to place phone books,etc under the table cloths to create different levels. You can put candles scattered all around as well. The changing up the plain straight table though makes a huge difference. Also, ask for or accept all the help you can. Hope this helps good luck!
    Caralyn702

Answer by Caralyn702 at 5:52 PM on Jun. 29, 2008