My husband cheated on me. Christian responses please.

It happened a month ago. He told me the day it happened and felt disgusted with himself. I forgave him that night, he forgave himself a few days later. We've face a few struggles and now here's one we're at a stand still with.
I'm still having some trouble trusting him. Like, when he goes to school, sometimes I wonder, "Is her really at school?" (that's when it happened, he said he was going to school, and then an old friend invited him over. he didn't plan it, but I think she did. He thought she had company over and when he came over, she threw herself at him).
ANYWAY. My husband thinks I'm not loving him because I'm still struggling with trusting him. He says, the Bible says, "Love always trusts". It's in ! Corinthians 13 somwhere. And he's right. But, everyone keeps telling me that he should be giving me time to heal and trust him again. He thinks I don't really forgive him. Am I wrong? If so, how do I trust

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I can understand your hurting. If you attend church regularly, you might make an appointment with your pastor, to get some counseling for both of you,and, even if you don't attend regularly, find a pastor you might trust. For you, to help you understand,and begin to forgive,and for him, to see how wrong it truly was,and how much you are truly hurting, for you both to be able to move on beyond this. I know adultery is terrible on a marriage, but marriages can and do survive it. You just have to put God at the center of it,and trust in Him. Best wishes to you both.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 8:49 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• It is human nature not to trust him. And he needs to build that trust back in you again. As long as you are trying to trust that is all anyone can ask of you at this moment.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:33 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• my husband and i had the same thing kind of and we are better then ever now but it took a long time! hope u do what u think is right
    Anonymous

• I have an EXCELLENT book I'd love to suggest, if you're interested in the title you can message me =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 11:34 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• outstandingLove , that's just it. He's says that the idea of "building trust" is not a biblical one because in Corinthian it says, "Love always trusts." It doesn't say, "Love always trusts, unless that trust has been violated."
    Anonymous

• First and foremost pray to God ask him to allow you to trust him again... God can heal that hurt you have.. Second I understand where you are coming from.. It is going to take u some time to heal from this since you want to stay with him.. Tell him that he needs to earn your trust back. because you are hurting and he needs to hug you tell you he will never do it again invite you up to his school when he gets a break or something.. I hope this helped and if you ever need anyone to talk to just message me im here for you.. God bless you

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:36 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Yes. but you are human. Do you always do exactly whatever the bible says all the time? Of course not. that would be imposible. All you can do is try.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:38 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• It will come...give it time. Do you still love him? Is he truly showing remorse and repentance about what happened? You will know better than us...Tell him and show him you love him and ask him to give you time... Just let him know you love him. Have a friend that has gone through the same thing and she makes sure she knows He is her man and She loves him and trusts him. And you can see he thinks she hung the moon.
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 11:50 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Well I guess I can't answer cause I'm a dirty Jew....You know a member of that tribe of immoral creepo's who wrote the commandment, "thou shalt not commit adultery," and some other such stuff that Christians print on posters and hang on their walls... Yes I'm being totally sarcastic. People don't have to be Christian to be moral or give good advice. I find your question offensive.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 11:52 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Well, it's understandable that you don't trust him, yet. Trust takes a heck of a lot to build and so little to knock it down. I would more so say, not that you don't trust him, but you're leery of his actions. It takes some time for things to be exactly as they once were. Maybe, they never will be... But if you think about it, the bible also looks poorly on cheating... So for your husband to quote it, is being somewhat hypocritical.

Mine gave me HPV, knowingly had it and didn't tell me. It took a VERY long time to begin to trust again...
    Anonymous