Bad Parenting? Or Best for Both of Us?

I and a friend are really up and ready to move by the end of the summer. for the simple fact Idaho is full of drama and a worthless state. I came to the conclusion that im goin to do it.. My parents would like me to go alone struggle by myself than take my daughter and struggle with her there. Does that make me look bad as a parent or HELP?!? I need other parents veiw..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• Well, that's a toughy. I think it depends on how hard you think you'll be struggeling, for how long and if you truly think YOU can do it or not. But in MOST casses it is always best for the child to remain with the one person that has been most consistant in his/her life. ...If you've never left her before then you would be that consistant person.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:36 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• can you remove yourself from the drama? just dont talk to people? i dont know you or anything i just think you should stay with your parents. but like i said i dont know the situation. if you have to go try to make a life for yourself and then get your daughter, thats what i would do
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 11:48 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• If the situaion is based on bullshit then you should never let bullshit make up your mind for you!!! No you should stay where you are for now , grow up a tad and running away is no answer, I am sure if you really want to, you can make a go of it anywhere and putting your child through crap like seperation is the last thing you should do. Try other things first and you will see, that it is not always greener on the other side YO
    mckct

Answer by mckct at 11:55 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• So you want to move away and make a better life for yourself, but leave your daughter behind?

Nope, I can't support that decision.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:36 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• The only thing I reccommend is that you don't move yet. First, take a week or two to find a job, place to live and set up daycare/school for your DD. Then come back and move with her.
    jcsg

Answer by jcsg at 7:51 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• OMG---I think you need to grow up and realize you are PART of the problem---to claim Idaho is full of drama---do you think you will find a "mature" state where you will fit in. Obviously, you need to look at your own life and realize if you can't "get along" and mature where you are--moving isn't going to help. In Alcoholics Anonymous--that is called a geographical fix---and it DOESN'T work. You have to learn to make your life work where you are if you ever think it will work elsewhere.
    Don't drag your daughter through your drama--she deserves far more. Again, I would say to grow up and stop hanging with the people you do. You are a mom now and need to start acting like one and putting her first. BUT if you were really taking steps to improve your life like getting a degree and applying for jobs and moving for a really good one---that is totally different.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• This is very selfish. It sounds like you are looking for an excuse to get away with your friend and be child-free for awhile. The problem is not your state- its YOU.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Drama is easy to avoid if that is your choice
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:03 AM on Feb. 24, 2009