How old was your toddler when you stopped putting him/her in a stroller? umbrella stroller?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I very rarely used a stroller with my DS. I hate strollers. Babywearing is so much easier and has so many more benefits.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:49 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I don't remember when they were totally never using them, but when they were walking they used them a lot less.
    My oldest was 3 when he was almost never using a stroller. I do remember that. My middle one almost never used a stroller past 2. he wanted to walk. My youngest was a late walker and had bad asthma- so he tired easily- he used the stroller longer
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 11:51 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• (And I agree with Outstanind- I usually wore one of them at all times- I had 3 in 3 yrs so I often wore the baby and the 2 yr old might walk or be in a stroller and the 3.5 yr old would walk)
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 11:53 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• It depends on where we are going and how long we will be there. For a park trip, I never take a stroller. I either wore my children or they walked.

Now, a full day at the zoo or amusement park, even at age 3 I still had a stroller available. That's a lot of walking for someone that age and they get worn out and even possibly still need a nap.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I never used an umbrella stroller, really. My guys hated them.

As for regular strollers...my 2 year old is rarely in one now. If we're going to be doing a LOT of walking, I take it with us. The boys actually take turns getting in. LOL (it's a jogger, higher weight limit so my oldest is still okay to be in it)

It will be interesting to see what happens this summer for zoo trips or something. I usually take my cues from them. I'll probably take a double the first time (have a 2 and 3 year old) and see if it's really used. Or...maybe the wagon instead...don't know yet...
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:19 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• my youngest won't use a stroller since she could walk.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:59 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• My daughter stop using a stroller not to long ago(she's 3)
    I use it if I knew we were gonna be gone for a long time and she might get sleepy.
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 9:12 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• My son will be 2 on Saturday and hasn't used a stroller yet but he will start. I want him out of it by 3 though...if he takes to it at all.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 9:39 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• My DD uses a stroller occasionally. We have one of the deluxe strollers, baby shower gift, that's really comfy and roomy. She only gets in there is we are going for a long walk, or if we are in the mall, just browsing and window shopping. She likes it. I don't see a problem with using them, as long as they aren't too big to fit in there! Who wouldn't like to be pushed around,lol?
    Mizzjos

Answer by Mizzjos at 11:38 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I didn't use mine too long, I just din't think they looked very comfortable in it. Switched to the regular one, better for the backs for IMO.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:13 PM on Aug. 15, 2010