Is this normal??HELP

We got a new puppy(Husky)Last tuesday. Last night she threw up,what I am pretty sure is a bandana or something close. It was almost whole. It had skull and cross bones on it. I know I don't own anything like that, but the people we got her off of probably does. Is it normal for something like that to stay in her stomach for that long? Will it affect her?

zachysmommy04

Asked by zachysmommy04 at 11:54 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Pets

• That is strange. I would google the spca for your area and get the 800 # and call them. I think they are 24 hrs but not sure.
    mndpfff

Answer by mndpfff at 12:02 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Well if she yacked it up, I'd say that she's already on her way to getting better. Dogs eat stupid stuff all the time...I once saw an ex-ray of a dog that swallowed a knife...that dog needed surgery. Your dog is probably fine. Just watch for symptoms.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 12:03 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I agree with FlyMom07, the dog is probably fine. They do eat a lot of stupid stuff and it can take a while for it to come back up. I had a Pug who ate a bouncy ball and it got stuck in his stomach so we had to take him in to get that out. I now have a dog who keeps eating my babies passifiers when we leave the house & forget to put them up high.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 12:40 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I'd take her to the vet for sure and also check the puke and poop for blood because the object, if hard, could've torn something on the inside of her!

babymomma0306

Answer by babymomma0306 at 6:10 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Mine eats wood chips, dog poop, plastic, any speck of trash that hits the floor, and its a Shih tzu! We see the strangest things and all kinds of weird colors in his poo! HA!
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 9:24 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• If she is not lethargic and is pooping normal (no diarrhea and is going regularly) I would not worry to much this time. I would however be cautious about what the puppy is chewing on because things like big pieces of cloth and large pieces of plastic or even toys can get stuck in the intestinal track or stomach. Puppies are notorious for eating underwear, bra's rope toys and small kids toys.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:37 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• We had a boarding dog at work barf up some panties whole. We showed the woman when she picked up and her response was 'those are not my underwear' We said maybe it was her daughters? She said she had no daughters. She was livid! I think the dog may have gotten hubby in trouble! Gotta watch what they get into!! LMAO thinking about it!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:06 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Thanks to all that repsponded. I had to laugh at But Mommie's comment. LOL. That was too funny.
    zachysmommy04

Answer by zachysmommy04 at 1:13 AM on Feb. 25, 2009