I vote we fire EVERYONE in DC and hire a bunch of Mom's to do the jobs. How about you?

It isn't as silly as it sounds.

As a Mom I:
stick to a budget, multitask, referee, negotiate, work practically 24/7 for no/low pay, can make even the yuckiest of things (broccoli) palatable, people mind me or else (helpful against terrorists) and I don't take any crap. There are more of course!

NOW HIRING IN DC! ALL POSITIONS AVAILABLE! MUST BE A MOM TO APPLY!

yourspecialkid

Asked by yourspecialkid at 11:59 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• We all get along SO well on here. . .lol.

No I think it's a great idea. .
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:19 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• lol, that would be awesome. we should so become a matriarchal society. course the problem is there would be a helluva lot of cat fights!
    chickenhobbit

Answer by chickenhobbit at 12:01 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I second that. ...as long as long as go through the necessary procautions to make sure that we are putting responsible mothers in DC and not just any random lady with a kid.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:02 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• where can I sign up...
    1ontheway

Answer by 1ontheway at 12:03 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• It's a great idea in theory, but I know there are a lot of moms on here that I'd never want to see running this country...sorry but it's true.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:50 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Great idea! I do suggest hiring mothers who have survived their children"s teen years and even better if they are in menopause, for the supreme court justice positions! (Supreme court judges need to be tough and irritated!)
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 6:33 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Of course, it sounds like a great idea, but Sarah Palin was pretty much the embodiment of a "multi-tasking super mom," and she became a whipping post--interestingly enough at the hands of feminists who have always striven to "have it all"--kind of ironic, huh?! LOL

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:03 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• we rock

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:06 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• That's an idea I can't support. Look how catty we are just on a silly ole message board. I can't imagine the wars we'd have with each other and the "I wanna do it my way " attitudes that we'd come across if we all had to work together to accomplish things. Not to mention we come from all different back grounds and share no common ground as a group in how we think things should be done.

Just because we popped some kids out of our vagina's and can manage our own house doesn't mean we can handle the country.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 7:44 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I think it is a great idea. I also think that yea they should be the moms who have made it past the teenage years. Me, I am in those teenage years right now and I give all KUDOS to those moms who made it through them, lol.

You know how moms are about their children. Well the country would be our children, and NO ONE hurts our kids, lol. That would get all the moms to work together, lol.
    Angela_1974

Answer by Angela_1974 at 7:54 AM on Feb. 24, 2009