what are you favorite verse or verses in the bible?

hinson7169

Asked by hinson7169 at 12:01 AM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Galatians 2:20

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me."
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 3:43 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• He who dwells in the secret place of teh most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord He is my strength, he is my strong tower, he is my refuge. Psalm 91

thou has made me a table in the presence of mine enemies and thou has anoited my head with oil
    23rd Psalm

Noticing a theme here??
    singedwingangel

Answer by singedwingangel at 12:04 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Whosoever trusteth in the Lord, happy is he." - Proverbs 16:20

Be content with what you have, for God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." So say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid." - Hebrews 13:5,6

Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospererth - III John 2

Love is patient, love is kind,
    Love does not insist on its own way.
    Love bears all things, believes all things,
    Hopes all things, endures all things.
    Love never fails.
    - I Corinthians 13:4-8

1ontheway

Answer by 1ontheway at 12:06 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Psalm 91
    Is 60 and 61
    Ps 29
    Romans 8
    John 15
    I enjoy the entire passages not just one verse !
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:16 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Proverbs4:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not own your own understanding but in all ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight...

Phil4:13 I can do all things thru Christ who gives me strength

These are teh verses that got me thru me cancer
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 12:27 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Gosh! I have so many! But I'd have to say that Psalm 46:10 is my favorite..."Be still and know that I am God!" I also Love the verse Psalm 51:10..."Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me."
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 7:47 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• John 3:16-For God so loved the world,that He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish,but have everlasting life.

Phillipians 4:13- I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Joshua 24:15- As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

John 14:6-Jesus answered I am the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father except through me.

Proverbs 22:6-Train up a child in the way he should go,and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

Isaiah 41:10-So do not fear, for I am with you,do not be dismayed,for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you: I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

I could go on, but these are a few of my very favorites,that I qoute many times a day, and they really do get me through when I need them. God bless you for starting such an inspiring post!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 8:30 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I agree...there are so many wonderful verses, but this one seems to say it all...

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16

ProudTxGrandma

Answer by ProudTxGrandma at 11:15 AM on Feb. 24, 2009