My son is 2 weeks old HUGE QUESTION???

My son crys in his sleep and then stops and the same thing goes on for a few minutes what can this be??? Is he having a bad dream or somethiing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Possibly. I wouldn't worry unless he wakes up. Then just care for him as you normally would when he wakes. My grandson was crying in his sleep a few nights ago...then in a few minutes he was laughing hysterically, still in his sleep. No doubt he was dreaming.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 12:08 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• My kids did that too... No idea why, but they did. It's normal though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• It could be a dream or maybe a gas bubble.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• My guess is stomach ache/gas. Do the bicycle leg thingy or lay him on your knees to try and get all the gas out.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:14 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• My daughter did that. I would not worry too much.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 12:27 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• It's okay he's just having horrifying nightmares about being pushed through a REALLY tiny hole. All normal. :-) j/k it's normal your child is fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• My guess is gas....its a pretty good guess at 2 weeks. When he is a little older, I'd say nightmares or teething. You never really know. Just be grateful it isn't waking him up!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 2:30 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• At two weeks I would think it is probably gas or some other digestive issue (wet or dirty diaper. My kids made wierd crying sounds in their sleep too. Frightening isn't it.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 4:04 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• haha my son has done that since he was born and is now 7 months old and still does that its normal i just ignore it ill check on him to make sure he is ok and then go back to bed i leave him be though..but yeah its normal it could be a dream
    Anonymous