Baby number two??

DH and I live with my parents (we are both in college), we have one DD who is 16 months old. I am going to graduate in 5 months and am hoping to get prego around that time. DH and I both feel this would be a good time/space between kids. I talked to my dad about it tonight and he is ok with it, but I still feel a little weird about getting prego while living with him. My DH works, and I will be working part time at a salon and part time from home after the baby is born so we can afford it, we also pay rent to my parents. Is it ok for us to have another baby while living here? I just feel it might be weird but we all think it is the right time..,?

Mikayla_lynn

Asked by Mikayla_lynn at 12:25 AM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• if you two and your parent are ok with it then you don't need anyone elses approval.
    I wouldn't do it personally- but i moved out when I was 6 months pregnant i couldn't imagine living with my dad any longer then needed. :)
    LOVE my parents- they are great and help out all the time but I needed my own life
    But like I said if everyones ok with it go for it
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 12:27 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• This is my opinion- I wouldn't do it. I would want to move out and get settled and then think about having another baby. I would feel weird knowing I could afford another baby, but still living with my parents. Then again, I got married and moved out when I was 18.
    Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 12:31 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I wouldn't. I was living with my parents with our ds but when I found out I was pg with no. 2 we got our own place. IMO, I think its a bit selfish to keep having kids when you don't have your own place to be raising them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I wouldn't. When I got pg with DD i was living with my parents, and I knew from the second I found out i was pg, that my bf and I had to save money and move out. my bf was also living with his parents. SO when i was around 5 or 6 months we moved out. I couldn't imagine living with them and also trying to live my life with my own family. I think you should just save up and move out. If you can afford another baby then you should be able to afford a place to live to raise your baby. I dont want to sound like a bitch, it's just my opinion. Good luck with w.e. you decide to do.
    haileysmom15

Answer by haileysmom15 at 11:00 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I have to agree with everyone else.
    What about getting your own place first, then having another?..
    Then youll know more so if you can afford another baby or not.. are you guys planning to stay living there, or move out in future? Moving out is hard enough ya know?!
    but whatever you want to do..best wishes..Congrats on graduating!!!
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 3:26 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I don't think it matters what anyone thinks but, you, your father and your husband. If you feel a bit weird about having another baby while still living with your dad, think hard and long before doing it. However, none of the people responding here know the details of your family situation and really don't have enough info to have an informed opinion. Besides, it doesn't make any difference what WE think.
    Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 12:02 AM on Feb. 25, 2009