What in the heck is wrong with me? :(

Ok I am now 38 weeks pregnant. I have had regular contractions since wednesday night. They got to be 5 min apart so I went in, only dilated to a 2 and 75% effaced. No change in the hour they kept me so I went home. Went to the doctor the next day (still having contractions) Was 3 cm dilated and 80% effaced and she stripped my membranes. Thursday night contractions got stronger, and were only 4 minutes apart. Mil had come into town urged me to go BACK to the hospital, same story 3 cm 80% walked an hour no change etc. This happened two more times over the weekend as my contractions continued get stronger, friday night when they checked me I was 4 cm 80% effaced so I had made some progress, but I didnt within an hour and they told me they couldnt do anything to "induce" labor until 39 weeks. Well the contractions hurt so bad I was bawling I was exhausted hadnt slept AT ALL the previous two nights so they gave me some demerol and

SweetPea05

Asked by SweetPea05 at 12:30 AM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• cont'd kept me over night so I could sleep. Sent me home sat morning without checking me again. I have been contracting ever since! once my mil left (she was stressing me out sooo bad) they seemed to be less painful. Well they are pretty bad again, 4 minutes apart but I dont want to go to the hospital AGAIN just to be sent home! And my hubby cant afford to miss anymore work unless its the real deal! The dr told me Im just in "early labor" But I am getting frustrated I am so miserable! I have a 22 month old to chase around... Ugh WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? what can I do? How in the heck do I know to go back in!!
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 12:32 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Oh yeah and the nurse told me my cervix is soft and low (when she checked me she didnt have to feel for it it was right there) my water sac is bulging and tight and that the baby's head is really really low!
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 12:34 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• It sounds like you're going through prodromal labor. I'm sorry and it's so tough on your body. There's nothing wrong and it's normal for women to do this. Do you feel like you aren't ready or need to get anything done? Are you upset about something or emotional over anything? You may not be going into labor because you can't let go of something or feel te need to do something before the baby arrives. I did that... 14 hours of contractions just to have them putz out bc I was so worried about labor because of my prior c-section. I had to let go of my emotions and once I did I was able to go into labor and get my baby out finally.

BTW, I knew it was real labor when I had to stop and focus during contractions. I couldn't walk, couldn't talk, I just had to close my eyes and focus. Once that happened, I knew this was it.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• CONT....

Relax and try to not freak out too much about it. You'll have the baby soon, I promise. But just know that this can go on for a couple of weeks, so rest rest rest so that once you DO go to have that baby you aren't exhausted. :) ((hugs)

Look up prodromal labor online and you'll find out some interesting stuff about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Ok so I am NOT a freak of nature! lol This is kind of like my first l&d cuz I was induced with my first so I am flying blind here. and YES I was SUPER stressed out over the weekend cuz my MIL jumped the gun and drove up here thinkin I was having the baby this weekend and kept reminding me she wouldnt be able to make another trip up yada yada... I was under so much pressure even though it was totally out of my control! And then when I DIDNT have my little girl MIL totally guilt tripped me! Anyway I can't really think of anything else that I am not letting go of but I am definitely going to try to relax and look up prodromal labor thank you! OH and tonight I started having contractions that I cant do anything but close my eyes and try to breathe through!
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 12:59 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I'm glad I helped a little, lol. My last child was my 11st labor too, so it was all new to me also! I thought I was going to go nuts! Luckily I had my doula there for emotional support and she helped me through it by telling me the stuff I told you and helped me find what was stalling my labor.

So yeah, go relax, forget about you MIL, and go into labor when that little one wants out!! :D
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• What is wrong with you? Have a vagina and cervix of steel. I don't have an answer, but I just wanted to tell you I love you, hold on!
    BooBearsMomma

Answer by BooBearsMomma at 10:02 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• itll happen soon. i hope, man ur little ones more stubborn thatn MIr's....its the flight of the stubborn babies... maybe she having a sit in
    VBKL

Answer by VBKL at 10:56 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• lol.... Vagina of steel and sit in's... NOT FUN! Someone please come talk some sense into her!
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 2:28 PM on Feb. 24, 2009