FAst help needed mamas Severe ear infection pain

My son has a terrible ear infection and all though he is being treated he is having alot of pain, severe pain, We went to the er tonight and they gave him an antibiotic and some numbing drops but they are not helping to much, is there anything that I can do to make him more comfortable.

Thank mamas

lolagirlkoch

Asked by lolagirlkoch at 12:30 AM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Tylenol or motrin for kids, any kind of pain reliever, My son loves a heating pad on his ear it makes him feel so much better.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 12:32 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Heating pad!!! I get ear infections all the time, and the heat from the heating pad helps soothe the pain. Good luck ear infections are no fun!!
    Twinners

Answer by Twinners at 11:33 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• give alot of the numbing drops and rest, my sons both had these and after a very long day they started feeling better, I even took a warm washcloth(warmed in the mic) and laid it over the ear after drops were applied hand in ther the pain comes on fast but will also reside quickly once the meds get to them.
    lolagirlkoch

Answer by lolagirlkoch at 5:03 PM on Apr. 21, 2009