• In the Spotlight:

Breastfeeding Moms: Do you attend La Leche League meetings?

If you're a nursing mom (or plan to be) have you heard of La Leche League? Do you attend local meetings? Did you know you could, and you get mother-to-mother advice and support, all for free?

How do you like your local LLL? If you've never gone, would you?

NoNonsenseMama

Asked by NoNonsenseMama at 12:33 AM on Feb. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• I've gone to one. baby#3 was 5days old and had a bad latch. I enjoyed the meeting and got some tips for fixing our issue.
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 1:41 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• We have ads in the paper stating even moms who are no longer nursing can show up. I haven't only because their meetings are a long drive away & at a weird time.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 8:01 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I just started going. I'd been wanting to since I had my son(he's almost 2 now) but I never did. Now that I'm about to be tandem nursing I thought I could really use support so I go.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 8:39 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I am a nusring mom but I've never contacted LLL. A good friend of mine went, but it's just not my thing.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:50 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• yes NAK
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 10:44 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I tried it. I left because of the snooty people in my local chapter.
    jeremysmom04

Answer by jeremysmom04 at 11:02 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• i've never been but i've contacted one time one of the local LLL leaders for a BF'ing question when Asher was about a year old. My mom an doula helped with bf'ing advice when Asher was a nb. I've always wanted to go, but never have gotten around to it, maybe because i've never had bf'ing issues, i dunno. I also attended an AP parent meetup group so i got friendship/support that way.
    asherraifsmom

Answer by asherraifsmom at 11:13 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I seriously read every bit of literature on BF while I was pregnant. I've consulted LLL on the phone and discussed weather or not I should attend a meeting( didn't really want another app. with anybody) and she said I could always call if I had any problems. When my DD was born she knew what to do and I never needed to consult anyone. Oh except for the blocked duct. Luckily kellymom had the answers for that. If your in an environment that doesn't support BF you may just want to get some friends in your corner for encouragement. You can always contact me if you have any questions. http://www.kellymom.com/

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:30 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Just want to add that most maternity wards have an LC. You can ask your doc.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:33 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I haven't but I would like to go. I didn't have too much trouble when my son was a baby and the meetings were almost 1 hour away. My friend is going to start a new group closer and I will go to offer my support and knowledge and maybe get some assistance when I have my next baby. I also would like to meet some more moms like me since there aren't too many around me!
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 12:15 PM on Feb. 24, 2009